Brooklyn A seeks a Director of Operations who will be responsible for the management of all office management, information technology and administrative functions to keep the BKA offices running smoothly and efficiently. They will develop and implement organization systems, polices and processes to allow Brooklyn A to deliver on its mission and realize opportunities for growth.
- Manage special organization wide special projects with the Executive Director (ED) such as office construction buildout, internal legal database implementation and management, etc.;
- Liaise with external IT vendor to ensure all systems (computers, phones, server access, email, etc.) are managed effectively and efficiently and provide strategic direction of network management;
- Manage office facilities to include coordinating office moves and administration of leases and subleases, negotiating rent and space for subtenants, and act as liaison between building management and BKA;
- Develop, implement and communicate policies and procedures for daily office operations to include office closures, office access, cleaning services, etc. to ensure best quality while maintaining cost;
- Supervise, mentor and train receptionist and office management staff to ensure maximum productivity;
- Develop standard for all business operations for the organization and ensure contract compliance;
- Review all leases (real estate, office equipment, services, events, etc.) prior to execution, coordinate with outside counsel as needed;
- Continually review and monitor business processes and provide recommendations to ED;
- Identify long and short-term equipment and furniture needs. Oversee research and negotiation of purchases or rental of office equipment, furniture, fixtures, and related contracts;
- Coordinate space usage for staff or interns to include layout and design of offices;
- Oversee data systems of the organization to assure data control, security and efficiency in the network;
- In coordination with senior management team, develop, maintain and implement, if needed, of a business continuity and disaster recovery plan; and
- Other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of best practices in all aspects of office management, with human resources a plus;
- Must be a clear and effective communicator, able to convey information to people with varying levels of human resources, administration and/or MIS expertise; supervisory experience a must;
- Excellent computer proficiency, MS-Office preferred. Knowledge of database systems and advanced reporting systems;
- Knowledge of SharePoint 3.0, Microsoft Server, and SQL preferred;
- Excellent problem-solving skills, follow-through with projects and strong attention to detail;
- Must work well independently and working as a part of a larger team and promotes coordination and cooperation throughout the entire organization as a member of the team;
- Must be able to handle simultaneous multiple assignments with deadlines;
- Ability to demonstrate a high level of tact, discretion, and diplomacy and to maintain confidential/sensitive information; and
- Commitment to diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging principles and demonstrated ability to interact with client/tenants of different races, ethnicities, ages, and sexual orientations in a multicultural environment.