The Data Associate will be responsible for providing data entry, generating reports, and administrative support related to client information with the Community and Economic Development Program.
The CED Program provides transactional legal counsel to nonprofits and small businesses with ongoing, comprehensive legal counsel in their daily operation and functioning at all stages of project and program development. Our typical nonprofit clients have created, developed, and operated new and rehabilitated affordable housing; provided high-quality health care services; provided support and educational services to youth from infancy through college, and generally worked for social and economic justice in local communities. Our small business clients help make up the fabric of their communities and serve as engines of economic growth and equity for our City.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
- Review and process raw data and intake information and accurately input into case management systems, and accessible formats.
- Design, develop and maintain data sources for various project tasks.
- Import and transfer data from multiple sources to one or more secure central databases.
- Collaborate with program staff to ensure case file documents are appropriately processed in the case management system and cases are opened and closed accordingly;
- Check records for accuracy by referencing multiple sources of information and multiple databases, and conduct research to obtain further information to complete records collected for funder reporting, continuous quality improvement, outcome monitoring and audit.
- Update database and document management system with new information and documents as they come in.
- Receive and responds to correspondence in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Develop reports and analysis for program, grant requirements, and audits.
- Generate and submitting daily, weekly and monthly data collation reports from single or multiple systems as necessary.
- Participate in regular staff meetings and supervision, attending training for further skills development as required.
- Additional clerical/administrative duties as needed, including but not limited to filing, sorting, organizing paperwork.
- Assists managers in development and implementation of data management processes.
- Identifies and recommends process improvements for the program documentation and organization.
- Maintains confidentiality and neutrality in the handling of proprietary and client information.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor’s Degree in information management, data analytics, computer science or a similar field preferred;
- Minimum 2+ years data specialist experience; law firm or legal project experience, preferred;
- Ability to read, interpret and verify data from multiple formats;
- Experience with end-user training and support.
- Required proficiency in Dynamics, Excel, SharePoint and PowerPoint and other standard data management systems required, related certifications a plus;
- Strong reporting and recordkeeping skills, including the ability to synthesize lots of quantifiable and qualitative data into clear, plain language and readable charts and checklists;
- Ability to analyze existing tools and databases and provide software solution recommendations;
- Must be able to work strategically within a team structure as well as independently, multi-task and work under tight deadlines and real-time reporting;
- Dependability, good time management and organizational skills and be attentive to detail;
- Accurate data entry skills;
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate with individuals from diverse backgrounds, particularly in working with people in crisis, and various government agencies;
- Ability to work independently with initiative, to manage a high case-load, to meet deadlines, and to be flexible;
- Must have excellent verbal and writing communication skills that can be executed in formal correspondence and oral presentations; bi-lingual in English and second language preferred; and
- Thorough commitment to Brooklyn A’s mission.
How to apply:
If you are interested in this position, you must submit your resume and a cover letter telling us why your experiences would make you a good fit for this role. This position is currently remote; when the office reopens, this position will be based in our Brooklyn office.
Brooklyn A is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination because of race, religion/creed, color, national origin, sex, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, military status, predisposing genetic characteristics, a survivor of domestic violence status, or marital status.